Medical Grade Skin Care Products in McAllen, TX
Although our cosmetic procedures can produce incredible results, a proper skin care regimen is often all that is necessary to achieve and preserve beautiful skin. Regular use of these medical grade skin care products can prevent aging before it begins and keep your skin radiant and healthy for years to come. We offer these products to our patients living in Brownsville, the Rio Grande Valley, McAllen, and all of South Texas.
In order to stop the aging process, a skin care regimen is necessary. The most important element of skin care is using sunblock daily with SPF 15 or higher to protect against UVA and UVB skin damage. Zinc oxide is the only agent that has been shown to be effective against all ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B rays. While ultraviolet A rays are believed to contribute to elastic tissue damage and skin aging because of their constancy, ultraviolet B rays are thought to be the primary cause of most sunburns and acute skin damage due to their intensity during summer months. It is important to note that the SPF rating of a sunscreen measures its effectiveness against ultraviolet B radiation only. Because the overall effect of solar exposure on skin aging should instead be measured primarily by long-term exposure to both ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B radiation, it is important to use a sunscreen.
Medical Grade Skin Care Treatments
Patients seeking to improve the texture, quality, and appearance of their skin must understand the importance of medical grade skin care therapies. Medical grade skin care therapies provide real, proven changes at the cellular level to increase collagen, improve skin tone and texture, and erase sun-spots. We recommend progressing from over-the-counter moisturizers to medical grade skin care therapies for all patients over 30 years old who are interested in maintaining healthy skin.
Topical Vitamin C decreases free radical-mediated skin damage and increases gene transcription of collagen types I and II, resulting in thicker, healthier skin.
The SaFil™ Skin Care
In order to stop the aging process, a skin care regimen is a must and not all skin care products are created equally. Over-the-counter products from the most basic to even higher end brands found at department stores are all considered cosmeceutical. These are very different from medical grade products sold in our office. After years of carrying high-end medical grade skin care products such as Obagi, we decided to create a skin care line that was affordable yet as effective in delivering visible results with daily use. In conjunction with a chemist, we formulated and branded our very own SaFil™ skin care line at RGV Cosmetic Surgery and Vein Care.
The SaFil™ skin care line offers high-quality medicated skin care products that can only be sold by a licensed physician. Our products are strictly chemically composed to target photoaging (sun damage), hyperpigmentation (brown pigmented skin) and acne prone conditions. Patients seeking to improve the texture, quality, and appearance of their skin must understand the importance of using medical grade skin care on a daily basis. SaFil™ provides real, proven changes at the cellular level to increase collagen, improve skin tone and texture, and reduce sun-spots. Please contact our MedSpa to learn more about our specific skin care line. We’re happy to arrange a personalized consultation for you and customize a treatment for you. Below you find a description of our 3 products lines.
TRULY EVEN® line targets Photo-aging (sun damage) /Hyperpigmentation (brown spots)
- Sensitive Foaming Cleanser: extra gentle cleanser for redness-prone and sensitive skin.
- Daily Toner Pads: alcohol-free cleansing pads that simultaneously treats, gently exfoliates and brightens skin
- Daily Brightening Pads: potent skin brighteners including kojic acid, antioxidants vitamin C, E and green tea and gentle exfoliator; reduces the appearance of skin discoloration and brightens skin designed for oily skin types.
- Daily Brightening Cream: potent skin brighteners including kojic acid, antioxidants vitamin C, E and green tea and gentle exfoliator; reduces the appearance of skin discoloration and brightens skin designed for dry/normal skin types
- SunPro Plus 30: Broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. No chemicals, fragrance, parabens, or preservatives. Emollient, ideal for post-procedures. Lightly tinted.
- Retinol Silk: Retinol 0.5%, Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Fragrance and preservative free.
- Retinol Silk Plus: Retinol 1.0%, Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Fragrance and preservative free.
- Facial Soothing Moisturizer: Barrier enhancing moisturizer, ideal for post-procedures.
CLEAR LOOK® line, targets Acne and oily prone skin
- Clear Look Cleanser: exfoliating cleanser for oily and acne-prone patients.
- Texture Gel: AHA, Light-weight exfoliating gel with 10% Glycolic Acid for normal to oily skin.
- SunPro SPF 30: Broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. No chemicals, fragrance, parabens, or preservatives. Emollient, ideal for post-procedures. Oil-free. Lightly tinted.
- Clear Look Pads: low dose retinol pad; Evens skin tone, reduces fine lines and wrinkles; designed for normal/oily skin.
- Hydro Soothing Gel: 100% oil-free moisturizer that helps restore normal barrier function for combination or blemish-prone skin
PERFECT RADIANCE® line targets anti-aging for everyday use
- Daily Gel Cleanser: Antioxidant Gel Cleanser for everyday use with gentle Vitamin C and Green Tea Extract (to help reduce skin dryness and irritation) in foaming gel for normal to oily skin.
- Daily Moisture Complex: Everyday moisturizer with vitamin B3 (niacinamide) which reduces the appearance of photoaging, improves texture and redness; intended to hydrate sensitive/normal skins.
- Nightly Eye Treatment: Intensive regimen combining a retinoid, peptides, anti-oxidants. Improves appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles.
- Radiant Silk Serum: age-defying body serum made with triple action antioxidant with Vit C,E and ferulic acid and gentle retinoid; lightweight body serum; designed skin tightening; soft, powdery finish; use nightly; use sunscreen daily.
- Smoothing Eye Complex: a potent combination of ingredients designed to target the specific needs of the eye area. Addresses dry skin, puffiness, appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and appearance of dark circles; all in a rich, moisturizing base that softens and hydrates.
- Weekly GLO Pads: 5% TCA + 5% Azelaic acid + 5% Salicylic acid for use 1-2 times weekly at night, smooths skin texture and reduces the appearance of enlarged pores; a complement to any anti-aging regimen; great for men also.
If you live in McAllen, Brownsville, or anywhere throughout South Texas, and are looking to achieve beautiful skin with an at-home skin care regimen, look no further. RGV Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center is happy to help you achieve the skin you’ve always wanted, by developing a custom-designed treatment plan built around our skin care products. Contact us today to learn more or schedule a consultation.
MEET THE DOCTOR
Our highly qualified and experienced surgeon, Dr. Filiberto Rodriguez, his skill, advanced technology, and patient’s goal to deliver beautiful results. Through cosmetic surgery and vein care, his objective is to enhance each patient’s individuality. Our team takes a unique, personalized approach to every treatment, which we believe is necessary to properly treat our one-of-a-kind patients. We are fully dedicated to the care and needs of our patients and strive for consistency and excellence through our treatment services.