BREAST AUGMENTATION IN MCALLEN, TX
For women looking to achieve larger, shapelier breasts, RGV Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center offers breast augmentation surgery. This procedure uses implants to help women achieve the figure they desire. We offer this and other cosmetic surgeries to residents of McAllen, Brownsville, the Rio Grande Valley, and all of South Texas.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation, commonly referred to as a “boob job”, is one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures, with over 200,000 surgeries performed a year. This procedure is designed to improve the shape and increase the size of the breasts via implants. Some women can achieve the breasts they desire with only breast implants, while others may choose to combine implants with a breast lift for more dramatic results. Breast augmentations can also be performed on women who have undergone a previous breast surgery and are unhappy with their results. In some cases, these women may have also encountered complications as a result of a poorly performed surgery, in which case a breast revision is necessary.
How Are Breast Augmentations Performed?
Breast augmentations can include different types of implants and different incision locations. We analyze every patient on a case-by-case basis to determine the techniques that will best help patients achieve their aesthetic goals. This may lead us to pursue either silicone gel or saline implants. To learn more about your implant options, visit our breast implants page. Once the implant material is determined, we use one of four incision approaches to insert the implant into the breast area. These incision techniques include:
- Inframammary Incision – This is the most common approach for breast augmentations. With this technique, incisions are made along the underside of the breasts.
- Periareolar Incision – With this technique, incisions are made along the border of the areola of the nipple. This technique often results in scars that are nearly invisible because of the natural color difference between the skin and the areola.
- Transaxillary Approach – The transaxillary approach makes incisions in the arm pit, eliminating any scarring on the breasts.
- Transumbilical (TUBA) Approach – The TUBA approach is an advanced technique that involves the insertion of implants through an incision made in the belly button. This is ideal for minimizing any visible scarring. RGV Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center specializes in transumbilical breast augmentations. This technique is ideal for patients who are looking for a breast augmentation without a breast lift.
Am I A Good Candidate For A Breast Augmentation?
You are a good candidate for a breast augmentation if you are otherwise healthy and have at least one of the following conditions or characteristics:
- You have always considered your breasts to be too small or under-developed
- You feel that your figure is out of proportion because your small breasts make your hips appear wider
- You feel that your small breasts limit your choices of flattering clothing or swimwear
- Your breasts have lost volume (especially upper breast fullness) after pregnancy, weight loss, or with age
- Your breasts have a different size or shape from one another
- You have previously had breast implants and are experiencing problems with them
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally, or have an unnatural, elongated shape
How Is Recovery After Breast Augmentation?
Your recovery from breast augmentation will largely rely on the techniques and types of implants used during your procedure. If your breast augmentation also includes a breast lift, you may experience a longer recovery period. During your consultation, we review all of the steps involved in your breast augmentation procedure and explain what you can expect after your surgery regarding results and recovery. Although every patient’s breast augmentation is different, we strive for consistency and exceptionality in our results.
Where Are Breast Implants Placed?
Breast implants can be placed either submuscular (beneath the chest muscle) or subglandular (over the chest muscle). The choice of where to place the implant depends on a variety of factors, including the degree of augmentation desired, the type of implant selected, and your particular anatomy. Submuscular placement is the preferred and most commonly used placement for breast implants due to its numerous important advantages. The advantages of submuscular placement include a more natural appearance, a decreased risk of visible rippling and capsular contracture, and decreased interference with mammography. The subglandular method places the implant behind the breast tissue, but above the chest muscle. Subglandular implant placement may result in a more comfortable recovery (since the muscle is not stretched), but it may be more likely to interfere with mammograms. In addition, less tissue over the implant means that the implants will be more visible and may look less natural. Rippling of the implant tends to be more evident in the subglandular position, and the rate of capsular contracture is increased. In particular, women with thin skin or very small breasts are not good candidates for this option.
How Much Does A Breast Augmentation Cost?
To determine the cost of your breast augmentation, we invite you to schedule a private consultation at our practice. During your consultation, we will assess your cosmetic goals in order to pursue a treatment plan that matches your unique needs. Then, we will be able to provide you with a clear breakdown of the costs associated with your treatment. At RGV Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center, we accept a number of payment and financing options, including cash, checks, money orders, major credit cards, and CareCredit® financing. We also offer simple and secure online payment options for the convenience of our patients.
If you would like to find out more about breast augmentation, we encourage you to contact us today to schedule your private consultation with Dr. Filiberto Rodriguez, a double board-certified cosmetic surgeon and breast augmentation specialist. RGV Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center offers breast surgery and other cosmetic procedures to patients living in McAllen, Brownsville, the Rio Grande Valley, and all of South Texas.