You may develop excess hair in a lot of regions on your body. If the hair becomes too thick, it can become unsightly and make you want to get rid of it. Some of the most common hair removal methods include shaving, waxing, and creams. These methods, however, are temporary and may generate some sort of irritation.
If you need to remove hair from certain parts of the body, including the face, ears, armpits, the torso, and the pubic region, you should consider an innovative treatment known as laser hair removal.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a treatment that can help you remove hair using light energy. By using frequencies between 765 nm and 1065 nm, your care provider can successfully remove hair follicles. The results last longer than traditional hair removal methods and continued treatments can result in permanent hair reduction.
The treatment process is quick and effective. The results are astonishing and you won’t feel any discomfort throughout the process. Before you undergo the procedure, however, you need to make sure that you’re working with a surgeon who uses the best technology available.
The Palomar StarLux 500 IPL
The Palomar StarLux 500 IPL is one of the most sophisticated and powerful laser hair removal devices on the market today. It provides a wide range of effective treatments, with deep penetration methods paired with enhanced cooling techniques. By utilizing IPL technology, the device is capable of adding over 70% more power compared to conventional laser therapy.
IPL stands for intense pulsed light where pulsating waves of high energy light are produced for a brief period of time. It causes precision delivery of laser beams over the targeted area with enhanced cooling capabilities.
One of the best things about the device is that it is a one-stop solution for multiple dermatological needs. The device provides multiple types of hand-pieces that can handle hair removal from a variety of skin types and on different parts of the body.
The device is also designed to handle hand-pieces for non-ablative fractional lasers which are used to treat wrinkles and improve skin texture.
What Can The Palomar StarLux 500 IPL Do?
The Palomar StarLux 500 IPL is best suited for hair removal, reducing acne, and reducing freckles. The device is built with superior technological components that provide best-in-class therapy with minimal discomfort.
• High Powered Laser Technology – In addition to the 70% increase in power, it also provides an increase in speed and efficiency with fewer treatments.
• AccuSpectrum – The device contains dual filter technology called AccuSpectrum that minimizes the exposure of the epidermis to enhance comfort for the recipient.
• Advanced Contact Cooling – Featuring an adjustable cooling technology, the device keeps the epidermal temperature lower than conventional treatment machines, reducing overall discomfort as well as minimizing damage to the skin.
• Photon Recycling – With photon recycling, the Palomar StarLux 500 IPL reduces the energy lost during transfer to skin, maximizing the effectiveness of the therapy procedure.
• Smooth Pulse – Smooth pulse is a proprietary laser delivery technology that allows for the right amount of energy transfer while minimizing the generation of additional heat.
Eliminate Excess Hair with Laser Technology
If you are interested in learning more about how laser technology can help reveal your smooth skin, contact our office. Dr. Filiberto Rodriguez, an experienced cosmetic surgeon, will help answer any of the questions you have and help you eliminate your excessive hair growth.